09 10

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away



The theme for February's Card Fronts is Green. I made my hubby buy me some of these stamps a few years ago for Christmas but, sadly I haven't used most of them until now. I pulled these out and her gear just screamed Green to me! I colored them with my Stampin' Write Markers in Green Galore, Gable Green, Bashful Blue and Creamy Caramel. The puddle actually came out well in this picture even though the picture is kind of yellow. I added Crystal Effects to the puddle to give it some shine. For the Card fronts I included "Rain or Shine" and also "Heard you're under the weather?" (Or something to that effect). This front I made into a card and added the little silver beads before the sentiment. Inside I stamped another pair of boots, and the sentiment. The great thing about clear stamps is that you can put them onto your blocks and bend or alter the way the stamp looks. So although this sentiment is really in a straight line, I made it go in a wave. Perfect for those of us who can't stamp our sentiments straight just by eyeballing!
Still messing with my light box. :( I accidently put my hand through the top of the tissue paper the other day. Then I needed to get a new lamp (I "borrowed" my kids computer lamp - which was mine way before they were born, and they wanted it back) and now I just can't seem to get it right. I am not giving up though!!!

No comments: