Friday, June 26, 2009
The first is of Cheyenne's blueberry bush. We bought it a few years ago, and it took forever to get it into the ground. When we finally did, it looked barely more then a stick with a couple of leaves. Last year we were able to get a few blueberries. This year it looks like it may be more successful. Here is one little cluster of berries. We had it covered with bird netting to keep the birds off the berries, but as you can see, it has gotten too tall for that. These are above the netting. My Lilly. I bought these years ago from Gardens etc (or something like that) they were called Lilies for naturalization. Whatever that means. I don't know exactly what kind of lilies these are, but they sure are pretty! I have a nice little cluster of them in our backyard.
My Hydrangea. The first year it has this many blooms! This one is in the back yard.
My Mums. This one has been in our front flower bed for a number of years, and still looks pretty.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
The colors are pictured there!
Forgive the ugly rug! :(
I was on this SAME stage many moons ago. Their recital is in my old high school. I was in the Choir in High School.
I hope she continues with dance, but as I have said since the beginning I am not going to push her to do it. If she says she is done, she is. But oh how I would love her to be a Prima Ballerina!
Monday, June 15, 2009
- It really is a pain to try to stamp out the images and then eyeballed it to cut the squares. That was a pain!!!! Get a punch if you are going to be making inchies!!!
- If you are going to do a torn edge on something that you run through an embossing machine, do it AFTER you emboss. Unfortunately it doesn't give a nice torn edge look as if it wasn't embossed, but I ended up trying to line them up with the edge of the folder so the torn edge didn't have embossing, and that gave me lines, so I just ended up tearing them again!
- I tend to make things more difficult then they need to be.
So for all of those other posts with misspelled words, please forgive me! I will be spell checking form here on out!
Thanks you and please forgive me!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
This must be my lucky month! I got another reward! My friend Crystal from: http://creationsofmyheart.blogspot.com/ sent it to me! I am super flattered by BOTH awards! Thank you so much! Now hopefully I am doing this right!
Thanks for sending me the award! I am SUPER glad that we met, and can chat about so much!!
Here is what I have to do:
1: Thank the person who gave me the award and link to their blog (check!)
2: List 10 honest things about myself:
- I love creating! I wish I had more creative juices at times, but I do what I can!
- I wish I had a higher tolerance sometimes. I get frustrated too often, and don't know a way to vent without blowing up.
- I wish that I could provide a better living arrangement for my family. Mind you it is better then how I grew up, but I still wish I could do more.
- I am absolutely addicted to Rubber Stamps! AND I would NEVER tell my husband that! I may have a few too many....no maybe not!!!!
- The same goes for ribbons and patterned paper. I could probably go for many years on what I already have here in my home. LOL but I won't!!
- I spend too much time on the computer, and not enough doing housework. But I heard that housework is bad for your health so....
- More than a hand full of people have called me a Smart Ass. That offends a lot of people, but I am proud to say that I am one! Same goes for that word that rhymes with "Witch"!
- I do not like the way I look. I haven't for more then half of my life. I would love to change, but lack the will power, and motivation. Surgery is too drastic, and too many horror stories about the after effects of medicines. Truth be told I like to eat. I am only going to live once, so I might as well enjoy the food while I am here. And so I guess I won't change...
- I don't believe in Fairy Tales. I have never known anyone to love someone the way they do in the stories I heard growing up. Maybe there is love like that out there, but I haven't found it. Don't get me wrong, I love David, but there just is no Happily Ever After. Sorry.
- I have very few friends outside of the Internet. I used to have friends, but I just got tired of the fakeness of some of them. Friends that thought I should turn my back on my family and take their side. Friends that got married, and/or moved away. There are times that I really miss my friends though. I miss cookouts, and hanging out, and going to the movies, or the mall, or just for rides in the car. I miss having them to talk to. I don't miss the petty stuff though. I wish I had someone around that I could call when the kids are driving me nuts! Or just to vent. It's tough not having someone to talk to.
And now that this has turned totally negative...on to the next step...
Then I also have to:
Put the award on my blog(check!)
Pick 7 people to give the award to:
- Eileen at http://www.blondcrafter.blogspot.com/
- Sue at http://dream67646.blogspot.com/
- Albert at http://agoscraftomonium.blogspot.com/2008_11_09_archive.html
- Terri at http://puggledaisy.blogspot.com/
- Karel at http://karelj.blogspot.com/
- Laurinda at http://lulus-creations.blogspot.com/
- Diane at http://lostgrl16.blogspot.com/
Wow that was a lot harder than you would think! Picking only 7 blogs out of so many! That was harder then the being honest part!
Thanks again Crystal and to the recipients, enjoy! :)