09 10

Monday, June 15, 2009

INCHIES!!!!!!


OK so I jumped on the bandwagon for inchies. But I haven't gone crazy over them as of yet. I needed to make cards for December's Addicted to Cardmaking swap that I host on my favorite message board. And yes I did say December. I am a little bit ahead! Aren't you proud of me??? So I used the "Wild about you" stamp set from Stampin Up. And I stamped all of the cute little critters out. Then I grabbed my cutter and cut them all out to 1 x 1. I know what you are thinking. No I don't have a 1" punch. I have looked through all of my punches, and I have every size BUT 1"!!!! So that is now on my list of things to purchase!
Anyway.....I stamped and cut out the animals. Then I punched out a slew of the black Scallop squares using my SU Scalloped Square punch. (Perfect size for matting the 1" squares by the way!) Then I ran the brown through my embossing machine, tore the edges and put them all together.
A few things that I learned from this card.
  1. It really is a pain to try to stamp out the images and then eyeballed it to cut the squares. That was a pain!!!! Get a punch if you are going to be making inchies!!!
  2. If you are going to do a torn edge on something that you run through an embossing machine, do it AFTER you emboss. Unfortunately it doesn't give a nice torn edge look as if it wasn't embossed, but I ended up trying to line them up with the edge of the folder so the torn edge didn't have embossing, and that gave me lines, so I just ended up tearing them again!
  3. I tend to make things more difficult then they need to be.

No comments: