09 10

Monday, April 25, 2011

Card Front Swap - Based on a Sketch

These are my card fronts for April's Card Front Swap which I am hosting on my favorite MB. The theme was Based On a Sketch. I took the sketch from StampTV's site and it looks like this:

I decided to flip my card horizontally, abut to still follow the sketch. Here's what I came up with.
I have to say that this may very well be my new favorite technique! It's called Inlaid Embossing.LOVE it! Each of those spirals is individually punched out, adhered to the white piece of cardstock, and then the whole thing is ran through my BigShot with my Square Lattice Embossing folder. I love love love the way it turns out!!! It almost looks like the spirals are patterned paper! I added the sentiment to the Decorative Label punch which I cut in half. So you are able to get two sentiments on each one. I know these colors are bright, but I think that's why they came out so cool!! I was even thinking of this as a birthday card for a teen who is "too cool" for birthdays! You have to try this technique if you haven't already! You will love it!

No comments: