09 10

Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Fun Card Fronts

A few years ago, before I became more of a card maker, I used to belong to this card club. This business closed years ago, probably at least 4 or 5 years now. Each month they sent me a kit with all of the parts that I could make 2 cards. I loved these kits, but sometimes they lacked a little something. Another gripe I had was often times, like when it included ribbon, it was such a small amount. So if you weren't good at tying bows, there was no room for error. I still have many many of the kits they sent sitting in a drawer un-assembled. So I dug one out and took it apart. Here was their sample: I cut the cards apart which gave me 4 card fronts. I trimmed them down, and added a mat layer of black. I made the black mat at 3 3/4" x 5. The receiver can mat it down to a white card, or choose another color card.


Then I decided to make a few more of my own. The top 2 cards used the green layer that I had from cutting the cards I made above. The bottom 2 are some green I had on hand, which I ran through my Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder by Stampin' Up. The flip flop embellishments I bought many years ago from a big box store. I typed up my own sentiments in, I believe it is, Word Perfect. The ribbons are all stuff I had on hand.



And another version with green ribbon and a lighter shade of green.



I just wanted to show how you can add a little and make a so so card look even better. And when you find a layout that you like, change some accessories to give it a different look.


These will be for my Summer Fun Card Front theme on my favorite MB.

No comments: