09 10

Monday, February 22, 2010

Wings Of Friendship - three versions




I was home sick today but was able to get something creative accomplished anyway! Of course it took me all day to come up with these three cards! I have some embossing powder that I bought in the early 90's, yes that was what I said 1992 to be exact!!! I am trying to perfect my embossing skills, so I thought I would practice a bit today.
For first card I used the stamp done in Versamark first and then Basic Black Classic ink. Then I embossed it in clear. Then I sponged the cardstock in Bashful blue and inked the edges. The cardstock and patterned paper are all stuff I had on hand. (this is one going to Charles for him to send home to his family- see Cards on a Mission)
The second card I tried something different. I stamped the image in Versmark, and then in a grey StazOn. Then I sponged it in Bashful Blue, and then inked the edges. I embossed the light blue with an embossing folder. I used the new scallop edge punch on the bottom. The sentiment is punched out with the large oval first and then the scallop oval punch.
The last one I switched up the colors. I first inked the image with Versamark and then Basic Black Classic ink. Then I sponged and inked the edges in Soft Suede Classic Ink. The pink I embossed using Stampin Up's Texturz plates. The ribbon and cardstock was all stuff I had on hand. The image and the sentiment on the middle one, is from "Wings of Friendship" the sentiment on the pink and brown one is from Stampin' Up's "whimsical words"
I had fun with these! Only wish I had had a more productive day. :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Gina I cant believe you have had embossing powder that long LOL! I cant talk though, had mine since like um 2006? LOL! I have started trying to use it more but I stink at it! I love that image on your cards. Hope you are not buried in the snow too much! HUGS!