09 10

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A new thing to try - Diamond Folds



One of my "resolutions" is to try new things this year when crafting. This time I choose Diamond folds. I went into Google.com, and typed in Diamond fold and found a tutorial. There's plenty to choose from. I have very little 12 x 12 cardstock, so I just went with the colors I had on hand. I did use my SU classic ink in Tempting Turquoise on the flower, taken from SU's "Because I Care", and then used my Garden Green stampin' write marker on the stem and leaves. Then I just used a sponge to create the look of patterned paper on the white pieces on the side. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Teeny Tiny Wishes".

I spotted a post by a friend Crystal on Facebook that she'd create something handmade for the first 5 people to respond to her, as long as they agreed to pay it forward and create something for 5 other people. I loved the idea so I re-posted. Sadly I only got 3 takers. :( But I did send the three of them one of these.

Have a happy New Year! And Happy Creating!!!

No comments: