09 10

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Simple "Thinking of You" cards




So I was in a little creative slump. Not so much because I wasn’t feeling creative, more so that I have just been too tired to think of something new. So anyway, I needed to make Thinking of you cards for the 2009 Addicted to Cardmaking swap that I host on my fav MB. I wanted to do something simple for this one, mostly so I could get them done since I am a bit behind on things. So here I took the red/pink paper from one of the paper stacks I have, added it to some red cardstock. Then I printed the sentiment on my computer. I cut that down into strips, added it to the card, and used 3 little brads on them. The first one, I wanted it to be feminine. I used my ¾” punch and 1” punch, which are both Stampin’ UP, along with a small scallop circle (EK Success). I used a pop dot to give it dimension.
After I made them I was looking at them and thought that I wonder what it would look like if I dropped the flower, and picked out some more “manly” colors. So I tried it. The yellow and blue are going to be used for my Monthly card front swap on my Fav MB.

No comments: