09 10

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Butterfly Bush....

This is my butterfly bush! It is located outside my house, right next to my office/craft room window. I can sit at the computer and watch it swaying in the breeze. And I love to watch all of the little butterflies coming to visit it's blooms. We get some bees as well, and also some birds. The birds often times sit on my window sill and sing me a song. David hates this bush. He complains when he has to mow the lawn. He tried "trimming it back" a couple of years ago. Poor thing. He took a hacksaw to it!!! I thought for sure it was a goner, but it's still here. I did trim it back a bit this Spring, but it is still as big as it has ever been!

Here is a close up of some of it's blooms. Oh and you should smell them!

Just to give you an idea of how big it is, Cheyenne posed next to it. And you can see, it almost reaches past the top of our house!!!!

No comments: