09 10

Friday, July 3, 2009

Tart and Tangy Card organizer
















I love how this turned out!!! I received a RAK from a participant in my Card Fronts Swap on my favorite message board (Hi Kathy), and I liked the concept of it! She had used a pocket folder to cut down and make a card organizer. I tweeked it a little to suit my needs. Instead of the folder, I used cardstock.
I made this for my friend Crystal on the my fav MB for our Box on a Budget (BOAB) swap. They posted different challenge words and for each word you had to create something. One thing was make something with your partner's favorite color combination. Crystal had said she liked red white and black (which by the way I have always liked also). So this is what I came up with. The first is the outside. Next is the inside view, then the three cards that I made, and lastly a bookmark. I used the "Tart and Tangy" set by Stampin' Up as well as the scallop border punch. I used the Real Red and Basic Black Classic Inks. Oh and the sentiment is from the really cool, new set "Teeny Tiny Wishes" (available in the new catalog) by Stampin' Up! The tassel I bought premade!
For the record I DID check with Crystal first before I posted this. I really wanted to, but at the same time I didn't want to ruin her surprise! She said it was fine to go ahead and post! I was so excited and proud last night when I had finished it, that I couldn't wait to show it!
I hope she likes it!
PS my DD is holding it for me so that we didn't get Daisy pollen on it! :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I LOVE LovE LOVE LOvE LOVE IT!!!! I have seen that before but I love it! I love that set too, its one that I would use over and over so PERFECT!! WOW I have LOTS to live up to now!!!