09 10

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Addicted to Cardmaking - July


The theme for the July Addicted to Cardmaking swap was Fall Colors. I saw this card in a magazine and new I had to try it! After making a couple of boo-boos when tracing the pattern, I finally got it right! I tweaked it a bit making the card smaller than the directions so it would fit into the envelope. I had a bunch of cards/envelopes that I bought as a set many moons ago, and thought the green was perfect for this card. I just had to trim the piece. So the envelope is bigger then the actual card, however, since it is still considered a standard envelope, no additional postage is required! (YEAH!!)Each piece was traced, cut and embossed. Then I put it all together like a puzzle, and did some faux stitching. I finished it off with some Raffia that I had (at least I think that is what it is called!) I couldn't decide if I liked the sentiment or not so I included one in each envelope so the receiver could decide.
I seem to be stuck on Sentiments in case you haven't noticed. I like to include one on cards, but I seem to be stuck in using the same ones each time. So to help me get unstuck, I am skipping the sentiments for a bit!

No comments: