09 10

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christmas In July SWAP - Spirelli Snowflake


Here's another one for the Card Front Swap. The theme here - Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow! I saw Spirelli cards made before and always wanted to try my hand at them. So here was my chance! I had ordered two templates (metal ones that you trace and then cut out) a while back and just wasn't sure of a project to use them on. Then I came up with this one. I actually used three colors of string, although it is hard to tell in the pictures. There is a gold, bronze, and white metallic string. Although it took a little getting used to, it was pretty neat! And depending how many points you skip, it changes the size of the center space. Pretty cool! Then I used Stampin' Up's Simple snowflake, and another smaller snowflake punch I had and punched out the the flakes. Then I pulled out some glitter spray and sprayed the flakes and some of the blue backgrounds. Some of the Blue backgrounds I did were sanded for a different look. Hmm come to think of it didn't take pictures of those. I may have to pull the camera back out! The background pieces are embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. The sentiment is a new one for me from the Many Merry Messages set from Stampin' Up. Which I trimmed down, made it look like a tag and stapled a ribbon on. I wasn't sure of the sentiment though, so I didn't adhere them. I thought the receiver could decide what she liked.

No comments: