09 10

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family Invitations


I'm supposed to be getting ready for Cheyenne's 7th Birthday party with her friends, but I wanted to share this with you all first. These were the invitations we made for her family party. She wanted to do a theme party rather then a character party. Fine with me, we can make the decorations! So these are the invitations we came up with. We used my favorite bug to cut the cone and scoops of ice cream. As I sat there looking at them, they were lacking something. So I pulled out my sponges and ink pads and distressed the edges of the scoops. Then I ran the cones through my embossing machine using the Moasiacs folder. I distressed and inked the cones. Much better! It's true, it is all in the details!!!! Then I distressed the background piece, and typed the sentiment on the computer. Cute, and fun invitations! Oh and can we say cheap? All of the materials used were things I had on hand. Cheyenne picked out the colors she wanted to use. Oh and by the way, we found a cute Ice Cream cone pinata!! Perfect!
I have lots of cards to post, maybe I will get time when we get back from the party!
Hopefully Mr Sun will keep on shining!

No comments: